Work and Tasks
The Committee’s work comes integrated with all official circles in the Palestinian state as follows:
- Follow up on churches or Christian institution’s legal, real state or institutional affairs to promote the principle of full equality by the law.
- Organize and follow up on activities, special event and interfaith dialogue locally, regionally and internationally, and counter and isolate current inciters and obscurantism and promote the culture of tolerance, co-existence, respect for others and acceptance of religious, political, intellectual and social pluralism.
- Effective contribution in addressing the phenomenon of voluntary and forced Christian emigration from their homeland in order to reduce and eventually halt emigration.
- Build confidence and promote credibility and closer ties with the heads of churches through communication and constructive dialogue and timely responsiveness to problems facing their churches.
- Highlight the role of National Christians in the political and social life in Palestine as an integral part of the Palestinian national and community fabric and promote related national dialogue and workshops to disseminate this concept.
- Highlight Israeli practices and media campaigns that target the various religious institutions and threaten the Christian presence especially in Jerusalem.
- Revisit the curriculum at different stages of the educational process for revisions of outdated ideas and concepts affecting coexistence, tolerance and fraternity whilst instilling concepts of freedom, justice, tolerance, equal and active citizenship and healthy civic education.